Telling Ministries holds to values that represent the essence and personality of the Body of Christ. They are the standards by which our culture and unity are kept. The contributors of this website hold fast to the Christian virtues below:
- We value growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ our Lord (2 Pet. 3:18).
- We value learning from each other as iron sharpens iron so we sharpen one another (Prov. 27:17).
- We value God’s calling of those in ministry (Mat. 28:18-20; Acts 2:17; Gal. 3:28).
- We value the advancement of the Gospel of Christ for the establishment of salvation, forgiveness, and the perpetuation of Christianity (Mat. 28:18-20).
- We value the pursuit of unity (at the foot of the cross) among brothers and sisters in the Christian faith (Eph. 4:13).
- We value the independence of ministers so that they may follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in the direction and government of their ministries (Act. 8:29; 10:19; 11:12; 13:2-4; 16:6-7; 20:22, 21:4).
- We value as our only creed, the inerrant Word of God (scripture) as being perfect and the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Psalm 19:7).
- We value leadership that duplicates our Lord’s servant heart (Mat. 20:27; John 13:14).
- We value fellowship among Christians for the sake of strength, encouragement, edification, exhortation, prayer, and support (Rom.14:19; 1 Thes. 5:11; Eph. 2:21-22; Php. 4:8)
- We serve under the authority of Jesus, who is the Shepherd of the Church: “And he [God] put all things under his [Christ] feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.” (Eph.1:22-23)
Telling Ministries is an interdenominational ministry for Christians who want to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. We all may vary about smaller issues but Christians generally agree with the below statements about God and the Bible. We may disagree but not be disagreeable. As Philip Schaff once wrote, “In essential unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity.“ Here are the essentials:
- We believe that Jesus was literally conceived and born of a virgin named Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:26-33).
- We believe that Jesus lived a sinless life (1 Pet. 2:22; 1 Jn. 3:5).
- We believe that salvation is in none other than through the name, person, work, and grace of Jesus Christ (Jn. 14:6; Jn. 3:16; Rom.5:8).
- We believe that all 66 books of the Bible are the “only” inspired word of God to the world. We do not acknowledge the Apocrypha, Psuedopigrapha, Gnostic Gospels, or the Book of Mormon to be “inspired scripture” (2 Tim. 3:16).
- We believe that God is the creator of all things, is all-powerful, all-knowing, and in control to do as He wills (14:15; Jer. 32:17; Eph. 3:20; Psa.139:1-4; 1 Sam.2:6-9; Psa. 24:1).
- We believe that all of humanity has fallen short of God’s glory and is in need of salvation; hence the reason Jesus came to the earth (Rom. 3:23; Rom. 6:23; Rom. 5:8; Jn. 14:6).
- We believe that God is one, but reveals Himself through the persons of the Trinity as The Father, The Son as Jesus, and The Holy Spirit. Furthermore, we believe that each Person of this Trinity is God (1 Cor. 8:6 6:44; Rom. 1:7; Isa. 9:6; Jn. 1:1 Acts 5:3; Heb 9:14; Jn. 4:24).
- We believe that those who die without salvation go to a literal place called Hell (Psa. 9:17; Psa.73:12-19; Luke 16:23.26; Jn. 12:48).
- We believe that those who belong to Christ will inherit eternal life in a literal Kingdom of Heaven (Isaiah 65; Zech. 14).
- We believe that Jesus will return to gather His people, as well as the resurrection of the dead in Christ at His return (1 Cor. 15:21-23).
- We believe in the water baptism of believers in Christ (Acts 2:38-41; Acts 22:16).
- We believe that Christ is the Head of the church, which should be governed by Him and that ministers are simply under-shepherds (Eph. 1:22-23).
The contributors of Telling Ministries submit to the will of God and when error is exposed, pledge to correct the writings to align with theologically sound doctrine and biblical truth (Gal. 6:1).